Sunday, October 28, 2012

Don't do as the Romans

We stopped at an all night cafe so Lexi could get some coffee. I helped myself to a croissant for a snack. Eating hasn't been much of a concern, but I try to make sure I get something now and again. Anyway, a passerby had slipped Lexi an old flip phone (I tried to spot the guy after, but no luck) and we were waiting for the call. No surprise, it was Ares.

We left the cafe with instructions to go to one of the old aqueduct systems and that Artemis had left a trail for us to follow. Specifically, it was mentioned that we had a "moon goddess" with us, so that would let us follow her trail. Kennedy had gone off to go scouting and I was beginning to fret. Not over her safety, but over what was coming.

Once outside the Vatican proper, we'd be in neutral enough territory that we'd have to be on the lookout for Dodekatheon agents following us, which is one part of why Kennedy was out scouting. Lexi ducked us into an alley way and popped out a new trick that let us cover the mile to the aqueducts in a split second.

Once we got there, we set up a bit of security, Andrew laid down a rune of some kind and Hal pulled the clouds down onto the city to mask our activities in fog. Now, we just had to find Artemis' trail. There's only one way she could have left a trail that I alone would be able to follow: Moon Letters. Without knowing where to look and what phase of the moon those letters were written under, I had to become the Full Moon.

I gave everyone instructions to be on the lookout for Kennedy because I knew this would not go well with her lycanthropy. It's exactly what I was starting to worry about ever since Germany as my connection to the Moon kept growing.

I had no sooner become the Full Moon than we were set upon by a couple of very large, very angry looking wolves. One was making a direct run on Andrew and Claire tried to stop it by commanding one to kill the other. In Greek. The order was ignored. They weren't the Dodekatheon agents that were following us. The horribly truth was:

They were Rufus and Kennedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment