Tuesday, October 2, 2012

More Giant Snakes

We kept moving along and held our positions. I kept the moonlight going and made sure no one wandered too close to the railing. Though, I found myself wishing for warm beaches and cocktails. Underworlds are so gloomy and depressing. Wow, I think I channeled a bit of Lexi, there.

Anyway, we got attacked by a giant fucking snake. The thing slammed our barque into the high banks of the river and had us lodged there. It then came up out of the opposite bank and made a meal of one of the ghost crew.

And I, like an idiot, leaped to battle and attacked the thing. Oh, I'm sure I did some damage. I know I did, because I felt the impact before it disappeared into the blackness. Landing on the bank... I wasn't expecting the sand to suddenly started sucking the life out of me. Fuck underworlds.

Here's the part where I realized I was an idiot. I looked back to the barque and saw that the god I was supposed to be protecting was being attacked by his own shadow, as was everyone else. Lexi had forced Duamutef's shadow to back down by the time I landed back on the barque (and I actually stumbled getting going. I haven't stumbled doing anything since... before Alaska) and I tried to pull Lexi's shadow away from her, but I couldn't grab the thing.

Andrew had managed to wrench the barque free of the bank and get us going again and he started doing another of his spells. I think he was holding the big snake at bay, though that didn't help with the living shadows on the deck. Those things can do some serious harm to Lexi and Andrew and I feel powerless to help.

Then there's Hal. I heard him shout "Go." Damned fool means to battle the serpent all on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment